Community Media Network (CMN) is a non-profit based in Amman, Jordan whose mission is to support communities through independent media.
CMN seeks an intern for the Fundraising and Development Department. During your internship, you will help CMN in Amman build its donor database, identify grant opportunities, help write grant proposals, and assist the Director of Development with other activities as needed.
This internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in media nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding.
- Help with editing of proposals and reports.
- Help in writing minor proposals and reports.
- Help with maintaining database records.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail.
- Interest in media and media development.
- Knowledge of Arabic a huge plus.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.).
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in a media and or nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising.
Each intern will be expected to work 15–25 hours per week.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship.
To apply: please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]