CMN is looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our team as Marketing Officer. This position is responsible for promoting the company's activities and benefiting from our social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. The ideal candidate will be able to plan, manage and implement creative marketing strategies in order to increase brand awareness and sales.
Promotion and Marketing Officer may be involved in a wide range of activities in order to market the services and products of a radio station, or group of stations, to existing and potential listeners and clients.
The aim is to increase brand awareness and loyalty, grow audiences, and attract advertisers.
Marketing officers are responsible for the development of marketing strategies and the implementation of these strategies. Their duties also include handling PR, sponsorship, events, promotions, and market research. It is important to note that each station has its requirements for these roles; some may be contracted out while others may be shared among other roles.
Essential knowledge and skills
Radio Marketing Managers must have the following skills:
- ability to think creatively and come up with new ideas
- exceptional writing abilities that they can adapt to different audiences and platforms
- understanding of marketing and communications, as well as how to build and manage brands
- knowledge of the radio market, various station and program styles, and audience demographics
- familiarity with the ever-expanding range of communication platforms and their applications in marketing campaigns
- the self-assurance and tenacity to seek out information, overcome obstacles, and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
- research abilities, as well as the ability to interpret data and make it understandable to non-specialist colleagues
- self-motivation and flexibility ability to work individually but also as part of a team
- ability to perform well under pressure, respond swiftly and fulfill deadlines
- tenacity, diplomacy, and superior interpersonal abilities
- A complete understanding of the law, ethics, and industry rules as they apply to radio marketing and when and how to get the appropriate permissions and licenses, such as copyright and music clearances.
- familiarity with the applicable Health and Safety regulations and procedures
- a high degree of IT expertise, notably in the areas of word processing and data management
The day-to-day Responsibilities:
Usually, a marketing officer will:
- Plan, prepare, and manage the publication and distribution of publicity materials
- Devise marketing campaigns
- Organize a calendar of marketing events, such as promotions, exhibitions, product launches, workshops, open days, or fundraising activities
- Represent the company at events
- Undertake market research and establish the best way to reach target groups
- Write, edit and proofread marketing material for use in different channels
- Coordinate with outside agencies, for example, designers, to produce marketing material such as stationery and web pages
- Analyze the impact of marketing campaigns and prepare measurement reports
- Write press releases and communicate with the media
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5 years of experience as a Marketing Specialist or similar role
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Preferred to have a good knowledge on Social Media Strategist and how to use social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Applying to the position:
- Interested applicants can send their CVs, including names and contact details for three references, and cover letter to the following email address: [email protected].net mentioning the title “Marketing Officer Job Opportunity”.
- Closing date is Saturday, 16th October 2021.
- Applications that do not meet the above conditions will not be taken into consideration.